In this episode of the Gene Food Podcast, we discuss the link between chronic illness and food sensitivity. According to the CDC, six in ten Americans suffer from a chronic illness, and food is very often a trigger.
In fact, there is a whole community of people in this country who struggle so mightily with a recurring illness, or series of illnesses, that they begin to avoid a huge number of foods for fear of triggering symptoms. Extensive low histamine diets are one example. As more and more restrictive diets explode onto the nutrition scene, a growing number of people are cutting out an increasingly long list of foods from their diets. As partisan nutrition marketing grows in frequency and intensity, it can be difficult to decide which protocols to follow for better health. In this episode, we explore ideas for finding dietary balance. John also shares his story battling histamine intolerance.
This Episode Covers:
- Why we created Gene Food [3:50];
- The people suffering from chronic illness who are left behind [5:00];
- Why chasing mechanisms is a waste of time [6:00];
- When nutrition influencers oversell [8:00];
- Be careful who you follow when it comes to diet [11:00];
- The diagnostic gaps [12:50];
- The tyranny of nutrition influencers [17:20];
- John’s struggle with food sensitivity [19:30];
- How location can impact physical health [25:50];
- Lesson’s John learned to improve health [29:30];