Cannabis has been used medicinally for thousands of years, even dating back to the Roman Empire, but recent changes to the drug laws in the United States are just now bringing this ancient plant to the forefront of health and wellness conversations.
As more states legalize cannabis, and as the medicinal benefits of CBD become more accepted, the “green rush” is in full swing, but how can we find cannabis and CBD products that are trustworthy? Further, does CBD really have proven therapeutic benefits? How does CBD differ from its psychoactive cousin THC? Does CBD exhibit greater efficacy when paired with small amounts of THC? If we choose to take a product that contains CBD, what is a safe dose? In the latest episode of the Gene Food Podcast, we touch on all these topics and more, including a new pharmaceutical developed by our guest, cannabis futurist Will Kleidon, that stops the unpleasant side effects of THC rich edibles. Will is the Chairman of the California Hemp Council and the founder of Ojai Energetics, a CBD company that has achieved greater CBD bioavailability with a formula that is 100% organic. Tune in for a deep dive into all things cannabis.
This Episode Covers:
- Hemp, CBD and heavy metals [4:10];
- Terpines, cannabis and the wine analogy [10:00];
- Sativa vs. Indica strains of cannabis and why people react differently [14:42];
- CBD is not THC plus basics of endocannabinoid system 101 [19:30];
- How to stop a bad experience with edibles [25:40];
- Growing organic cannabis and bioavailable CBD [32:00];
- Increasing CBD efficacy and how to spot quality products [40:40];
- Is most CBD benefit placebo? [46:30];
- Why fat based CBD formulas don’t work [49:00];
- CBD used to be in eggs! [51:30];
- How to dose CBD [56:00];
- The future of cannabis [1:00];