Organic cotton sheets from a community minded company
- Purchases support Safe Sleep Pillows Program, which works to donate new pillows for women and children who arrive at domestic violence shelters across the US
- Savvy Rest use certified organic cotton that is free from pesticides, herbicides, and toxic finishing chemicals, as certified by GOTS
- Member of the Carbon Fund, through which they support reforestation along the Mississippi River, a vital habitat for migratory birds
- Organic cotton
GOTS (aside from the split sheet options), B Corporation, Greenguard
Country of originUSA
Savvy Rest Organic Cotton Sheet Sets are available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and Cali King sizes as well as Split Queen and Split King sizes. These organic cotton sateen sheets are made with fine, long-staple cotton and come in a natural cream color. Top sheets and pillowcases are hemmed with a narrow pleat and the sheets are smooth, soft, and have a 300 thread count.
The sets range from $189 to $279 in price and include:
- Twin/TwinXL: 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet, and 1 Standard pillowcase
- Full: 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet, and 2 Standard pillowcases
- Queen: 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet, and 2 Queen pillowcases
- King/Cal King: 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet, and 2 King pillowcases
- Split-Queen: 2 half-Queen fitted sheets, 1 Queen flat sheet, and 2 Queen pillowcases
- Split-King: 2 TXL fitted sheets, 1 King flat sheet, and 2 King pillowcases
All of the sheet sets are GOTS certified, aside from the Split-Queen and Split-King sheets, which are made with organic cotton but are not presently GOTS certified.
Savvy Rest don’t offer individual sheets, just these sets, and separate organic duvet covers and matching organic shams made with 200 thread count organic cotton and available in white and a striped pattern.
Savvy Rest do not accept returns on sheets, claiming that this would require them to spray their products with chemicals, so they could resell them. Some other companies donate returned products, so it’s a shame Savvy Rest don’t have a similar policy. That said, Savvy Rest do have their Safe Sleep Pillows Program, which works to donate new pillows for women and children who arrive at domestic violence shelters across the US. When the new arrivals at these emergency shelters move on to find more permanent housing, they can take their new Savvy Rest pillow with them.
Savvy Rest are also employee owned (as of 2012), meaning that staff are more invested in the company’s growth and in customer satisfaction. Employee owned companies tend to create a better experience for employees and for customers.
Savvy Rest use certified organic cotton that is free from pesticides, herbicides, and toxic finishing chemicals, as certified by GOTS. They are also a certified B Corporation, demonstrating a commitment to sustainability and good working conditions, and they donate a portion of profits to American Forests, the oldest nonprofit conservation organization in the US, which helps help restore and maintain threatened forest ecosystems across the country and around the globe. Savvy Rest is also a member of the Carbon Fund, through which they support reforestation along the Mississippi River, a vital habitat for migratory birds. Reforestation is a key part of efforts to mitigate climate change.
Savvy Rest Organic Cotton Sheets vs. Sol Organics vs. Holy Lamb Organics vs. Rawganique
If you’re looking for a quality organic cotton sheet set from a company that gives back to the community, Savvy Rest is a great choice. They don’t offer individual sheets, unfortunately, unlike Holy Lamb Organics and Rawganique, as well as Sol Organics. Savvy Rest seem to do more for their local community and have a few more eco credentials than Sol Organics, however, but are still a little behind Holy Lamb Organics in this regard.